October 2019 lodgement due dates:
- Pay annual PAYG instalment notice or lodge the form for variation
- Lodge and pay September 2019 monthly activity statement
- Lodge and pay quarter 1 (July - September) activity statement, if lodged by paper
- Vary quarterly PAYG instalment notice
- Make super guarantee contributions for quarter 1 (July - September)
- final date to get added to a tax agent client list to take advantage of lodgement concessions
Single touch payroll now compulsory for all employers:
As of today, 1 October, all employers must report payroll information to the ATO using Single Touch payroll, or you must have applied for an exemption or deferral under one of the following concessions:
- Transitional deferrals, ie need more time to get setup
- Unreliable or no internet service
- Other deferrals, such as small business reporting (micro employers 1-4 employees)
Micro employers have the option to report quarterly at the same time as they lodge their quarterly business activity statement, however your tax agent must apply for this concession on your behalf.
There is also a concession available for closely held employees, eg if you are an employee of your own company/trust. STP does not apply to you until 1 July 2020.
However, if you also employ other staff who are not related to you, you still need to report via STP unless you are eligible for the micro employer concession.
If you are unsure of your obligations please contact us for advice.
No Advice disclaimer:
Important: The information provided on this website, www.hendersonco.com.au and any subdirectories, information posts published on www.facebook.com/GHendersonCo and www.instagram.com/ghendersonco/ are not advice.
Clients should not act solely on the basis of the material contained on this website and the above social media pages. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se.
Also changes in legislation may occur quickly. We therefore recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting in any of the areas.
This website and social media posts are published as a helpful guide to taxpayers and for their private information.